Connect with us

NEWS

Breaking: Virginia suspends license of pediatrician accused of abusing patients

Published

on

A Virginia pediatrician who had been accused of abusing teenage female patients and a young mom has had his medical license temporarily suspended, NBC News confirmed Friday.

Dr. Martin Seth Forman, who had until recently worked for Reston Pediatrics in Lansdowne, which is about 40 miles northwest of Washington, D.C., was informed of the decision in a May 7 letter from the state’s Department of Health Professions, a copy of which was obtained by NBC News.

“Based on the information considered, and having determined that your practice poses a substantial danger to the public health and safety, the [Virginia Board of Medicine] voted to summarily suspend your license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia pending a hearing,” the letter states. The Department of Health Professions cited in its letter four separate incidents of Forman’s alleged sexual misconduct.

Pinterest
Linkedin
U.S. NEWS
Virginia suspends license of pediatrician accused of abusing patients
The doctor was still treating patients despite being hit with a $1.3 million civil verdict for barging into a 15-year-old patient’s home in 2017 under the guise of making an unscheduled “house call” and allegedly fondling the girl’s breasts.
June 7, 2024, 11:45 PM GMT+1
By Aimee Cho, NBC Washington and Corky Siemaszko
A Virginia pediatrician who had been accused of abusing teenage female patients and a young mom has had his medical license temporarily suspended, NBC News confirmed Friday.

Dr. Martin Seth Forman, who had until recently worked for Reston Pediatrics in Lansdowne, which is about 40 miles northwest of Washington, D.C., was informed of the decision in a May 7 letter from the state’s Department of Health Professions, a copy of which was obtained by NBC News.

Dr. Martin Seth Forman.
Dr. Martin Seth Forman.Reston Pediatrics via Facebook
“Based on the information considered, and having determined that your practice poses a substantial danger to the public health and safety, the [Virginia Board of Medicine] voted to summarily suspend your license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia pending a hearing,” the letter states. The Department of Health Professions cited in its letter four separate incidents of Forman’s alleged sexual misconduct.

Recommended

U.S. NEWS
Back-to-back shark bite incidents cause Florida county to close waters
“Effective immediately,” the letter goes on to state, “it shall be unlawful for you to practice medicine or hold yourself out as a licensed physician in the Commonwealth of Virginia.”

Forman, 71, who has never been charged with a crime, has not publicly responded to the accusations against him or returned phone calls for comment.

Forman’s lawyer, Coreen Silverman, confirmed last year that the doctor was planning to retire and not intending to return to his practice.

Silverman, who also represents Reston Pediatrics, said in a statement earlier this week that “Dr. Forman denies the allegations and will appear before the Board to present his side, and we are confident that after the Board hears his side, it will dismiss the cases.”

A formal hearing originally scheduled for June 14 before a panel of the board of medicine has been postponed. It is unclear when the hearing will take place.

Silverman has previously called the allegations against Forman a money grab and “public campaign to destroy a good man’s name.”

On Friday, NBC Washington reported that a family in Virginia filed a new complaint against Forman with the Virginia Board of Medicine. The family alleged in the complaint that the doctor said, “You can milk a baby” and pinched their newborn’s nipple during an appointment in 2022.

The newborn’s father, who spoke exclusively with NBC Washington, also alleged in the board complaint that Forman inappropriately touched the child’s mother’s knee and leg at multiple appointments.

The Loudoun Times-Mirror was the first to report earlier this week that Forman’s medical license has been temporarily suspended.

Forman’s medical license was lifted nearly a year after NBC News reported that the doctor was still treating patients despite being hit with a $1.3 million civil verdict for barging into a 15-year-old patient’s home in 2017 under the guise of making an unscheduled “house call” and allegedly fondling the girl’s breasts.

“About damn time,” the now grown-up young woman said in an email Friday that was forwarded to NBC News by her lawyer, Jim Magner.

Her mother, in the same email, said she too was relieved Forman can no longer practice medicine.

“It’s past time for the justice system to do its job,” the mom said.

At the time, Forman was also being sued for $8.7 million by the parents of another female patient for allegedly touching her breasts and rubbing himself against her earlier this year while performing a lymph node examination her parents claim was unnecessary. This case is still ongoing.

Then in August 2023, Forman was sued in Loudoun County Circuit Court by a Virginia mom who said in court documents that the doctor was “pretending” to examine her son’s ears when he began grinding against her, as NBC News reported at the time.

“I am glad that those of us who have been victimized by Dr. Forman and Reston Pediatrics are finally being heard and taken seriously,” the Virginia mom said in an email Friday that was also forwarded to NBC News by Magner.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS18 hours ago

5 minutes Ago – The United States Is Mourning Today As Heartbreaking News Has Just Been Reported About US former President Joe Biden…SEE THE HEARTBREAKING NEWS👇👇

CELEBRITY18 hours ago

Sad News – Val Kilmer’s final Instagram post before his death saw him don a Batman mask.

CELEBRITY3 days ago

BREAKING: President Donald Trump Falls, Breaks Ankle While Leaving the White House—Rushed to Hospital. “THE PRESIDENT IS SAID TO BE IN CRITICAL PAINS”….See More

CELEBRITY3 days ago

BREAKING: Heart Attack Strikes E. l o.n Musk 5 Minutes Ago ,In an unexpected and alarming development, tech mogul Elon Musk reportedly suffered a heart attack just five minutes ago. According to sources close to Musk, the incident occurred at his private residence in…SEE MORE

NEWS6 days ago

Breaking News: A powerful 7.7 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar and Thailand, killing more than 150 people.

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

SHOCK: Brad Pitt’s 17-year-old daughter SHILOH finally admitted that she had an affair with Diddy, something we’ve long suspected: Diddy forced me to confess and… read more.

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Hollywood Superstar Ryan Reynolds heats up Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni drama by calling him UNSAVOURY things.

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Hollywood actor Will Smith’s son Jaden Smith has been going viral after being spotted with a strange appearance where he can be seen physically holding his pants up to prevent…see details

CELEBRITY3 weeks ago

Dolly Parton’s husband Carl Dean was last seen on a rare outing in Tennessee five years before his death: ‘For the past five years he has been struggling with the pain of a strange illness and said if I died I would… see more

CELEBRITY3 weeks ago

ALARMING NEWS: Elon Musk is facing health issues attributed to his extensive work hours. He revealed that he often works over 80 hours a week and acknowledged the potential health impacts. Medical professionals have identified that he has been diagnosed with a specific illness…read on for more details.

CELEBRITY3 weeks ago

BREAKING: Candace Owens calls for Lia Thomas to be removed from women’s sports to maintain equality for women!

CELEBRITY3 weeks ago

Lip Reader Decodes What Demi Moore Said After Losing Oscar To Mikey Madison

Copyright © 2024 USAmium